Why the App?
I developed the app, not to provide another source for aviation weather, but to solve a problem no one has solved or come close to solving.
- I wanted to way to view Metars, TAFS, Air/Sigmets, Pireps, and TFRs quickly and easily - ON ONE PAGE!
- I wanted a way where I can visualize complex TAFs showing overlapping TEMPO, BECMG segments.
- I wanted an app that converted all the times to local and kept track of time zones and daylight savings.
- I wanted an app that I could filter out the noise - I don't fly above 18,000' and when I file IFR I only want to know about ceilings below 600'.
- I wanted an app that would indicate when my personal minimums are exceeded.
- I wanted an app that would figure out the best ETD so I didn't have to dig through all those TAFs.
- Polygon based air/sigmets and TFR charts are fine, but they don't have time information and I don't care where the area is, I care if I am going through the area. So I wanted that in the app.
- I wanted to know when sunrise and sunset were without even thinking about it.
- I wanted a screen that I could retain in my memory.
- I wanted to read 10 enroute TAFs in a few seconds - and now I can.
- I wanted to show off to my hotshot CFI.
1 Echo Charlie, LLC